Are you searching for ways to sell online through porch pick up lately? Yes! You are in the absolute right place. The recent COVID-19 pandemic hit has curbed people from physically selling or buying things. But, at the same time, the emerging online selling marketplace is a great way to earn a little extra side income.
So, if you wish to sell items online, without coming in physical contact with the buyer, stress not. We are here with the latest popular technique which will let you achieve your goals without compromising your health security. Read on to know in detail about what is porch pickup and how is this method carried forward.
Porch pick up meaning
Are you thinking over- what is porch pickup? The slowly and gradually increasing method aims at successfully selling cheaper products. The buyer and seller do not meet in person. In spite of these, they decide a specific place that is the seller’s porch from where the buyer picks up the products. Also, the place to leave the money is also decided beforehand. Thus, the seller leaves the money at that specified spot.
In this way, the buying and selling goals meet successfully without any physical contact. This technique is becoming very popular nowadays. Due to the coronavirus pandemic hit that has restricted people meeting and greeting. This method of porch pick up is advantageous for both buyers and sellers. Hence, this is what does porch pickup means.
How does porch pick up work?
The working mechanism is very simple for porch pick up. A simple step-by-step guide will assure the benefits for both the buyer and the seller. This involves the following stages:
- Firstly, the buyer and seller connect on the classified post for selling. After they connect, they come to terms with the prices.
- Secondly, the buyer and seller decide on a specified spot in the seller’s spot where the item is left to pick up.
- Thirdly, the buyer visits the seller’s porch and collects the items.
- Fourthly, the buyer leaves the agreed amount on the earlier decided spot. From the same spot, the seller collects the money.
In this way, the mutual benefits of contactless transactions and achieves buying. Both the parties avoid contact and thus, enjoy the seamless process. The same process is at the convenience of their time, agreed money, and agreed porch pickup as well. Hence, this is the simplest and easiest way of how does porch pick up works.
Where is the porch pickup method used?
This method is effective in every situation where a seller wants to sell from the comfort and safety of his or her home. There are several different platforms where this method is effective and efficient in providing a seamless selling and buying experience. A few of the platforms are as mentioned below:
- Facebook marketplace
- Newspaper classified columns
These are a few examples of the platforms where the buyer and seller meet. They come in terms with their buying and selling motives and prices. Once they are through this, they decide on the porch pick up timings and spot.
What are the advantages of porch pick up method?
During the recent scenario when people lock inside. They are even afraid to meet and greet other people. In such situations, the porch pickup is a boon for those who wish to sell items online. Additionally, for those well who wish to buy things online but, at the same time wish to have a sense of faith and belief in the process. If you aren’t yet sure about the method, here are the advantages of this method to help you persuade.
- Contactless– the first and the foremost important benefit of porch pic up is that it is contactless. You don’t need to physically hand over the item to the seller. Also, the seller doesn’t need to come in your contact to collect the bought product. Thus, both the seller and the buyers’ health and safety concerns are met successfully.
- No need for physical presence– the next benefit is that it can occur even if you are not available around or in the town. The process is such that it doesn’t require the physical presence of the seller. All you need to do is to leave the product in the specified spot for the buyer to collect it from there. Thus, it eases the seller to plan ahead accordingly despite the fact that the buyer will be coming on the porch to pick up his or her products.
- No last negotiations– every term, condition, and rate are agreed at first-hand. Thus, there isn’t any chance that you or the buyer will engage in last-minute negotiations. Despite it all, when you aren’t physically present at the spot, it reduces the chances of negotiations to zero.
- Earn little extra income– if you wish to sell the products online. But, health safety and security is your priority, this method is surely all that you need. So, stay where you are and at the same time, sell the products online. All you need to do is to leave the sold product at the right spot on the porch and the buyer will pick it up from there.
What are the limitations to the porch pick up method?
It is no hidden fact that there are limitations to everything which means to ease the struggle and undue stress. So is with this technique. So here are a few limitations that you need to keep in mind beforehand employing this method.
- Firstly, as the buyer knows your address now, this is quite a stressful and a security question for some.
- Secondly, there is a possibility for non-payment at the time of pick up or later.
So, keep limitations in mind to attain the maximum benefit of this procedure.
This was all about the gradually attaining popularity of a method for contactless selling and buying of goods. You too could utilize this method to get extra side income by selling products online. So, make maximum use of your porch spaces today.
Read more: Why I Hate Facebook Messenger?