According to Greek mythology, all the Greek soldiers hide in a wooden horse to get entry into the city of Troy. As they entered the city, the soldiers came out and killed all the people inside and won. The story implies perfectly modern malware. It hides its true identity until the last moment for attack. The virus is called ‘Trojan Virus’. Trojan Virus on Macs is dangerous due to their trustworthy looks.
It can enter into your system through an email or app. You may not even recognize it while opening it.
In this blog, we will discuss how you can remove Trojan Viruses from your Macs and how to prevent your mac from downloading it.
How to Recognize a Trojan Malware Attack?
Trojan Viruses on Mac are difficult to find out. It hides under the cover of authentic apps, emails, and ads. However, you should check for it if see any of the following signs.
– Your antivirus goes on disable mode.
– Files on your Mac delete themselves.
– You get more pop-ups than usual.
– Your mac suddenly gets extremely slow.
– You mac often crashes and freezes up.
– You get redirected to your web browsers.
Removal of Trojan Virus on Mac:
There are the following ways to remove Trojan from your mac device.
Use a Time Machine Backup:
Deleting or uninstalling the Trojan manually can be tricky. The better way is to use a Time Machine Backup. This backup will bring the system back to its original state before you installed the Trojan.
- Select the Time Machine icon in the menu bar.
- Enter the Time Machine.
- You will see a lot of finder windows. Each one of them stores a different backup.
- Choose the one you want to restore.
- Now click the restore button.
Using Anti-Virus Software:
The simplest way to handle viruses is using an anti-virus on your mac. Whenever you see some sign of the existence of any malware, start a virus scan.
- Select the Antivirus.
- Select ‘Start Scan.
- If you find any malware during the scan, select and quarantine it.
Use the Factory Reset:
Factory Reset will erase all your data including all accounts on the internet. Hence do it when there are no other options left. It will wipe out everything and will set your mac to its original settings.
- First, turn off the mac device.
- Second, press and keep holding the power button.
- You will see the ‘Loading Start Up’ option.
- Click Options and then click Continue.
- If asked, use your admin password.
Make sure you have transferred all your data before starting the ‘Factory Reset process.
How to Prevent Your Mac from Downloading Trojan?
Curing is okay but you can really make your mac totally safe from Trojan. You need to prevent your mac from downloading it. Following are a few ways you can do so.
- Stop downloading pirated apps or files such as films. Not clicking on pop-up ads will also secure your mac. Especially when websites are not trustable.
- Regularly scan your device.
Trojan Virus is dangerous because it is not generally visible. Even macs are not immune to it. Hence you need to be careful and take precautions for it. Above in this blog, we have discussed how you can remove Trojan viruses from your mac.
Read more | How to Start a Taxi Service Like Uber?